- Clay Fields Hort are planters who planting gardens in Brighton, Hampton and other locations in Bayside, along with locations in the south-east and east.
- Do you want the best looking, most functional and best blended native and/or exotic plants in your garden?
- using ecological plant selection principles from the urban horticulture qualification and plant and soils experience –
- we select plants,
- whether trees, shrubs, succulents, herbaceous perennials, climbers, ground covers, strappy plants or ornamental grasses
- that suit the site and the conditions perfectly.
- We even do fruit trees!
- You want the best plants at the best cost?
- we source plants from high quality wholesale suppliers.
- You want your plants off to a good start?
- we plant with care
- and use an appropriate combination of plant stimulant and fertiliser.
- Plus if a grouping – we ensure appropriate themes and the plants complementing each other.
- You get the same service whether it is one plant or many
- and whether it is a new planting or replacement.
- We look forward to working with you.
- Your place will stand out
- please see our Work Samples and Work Samples 2 for some stunning results of our work.
Good planting design involves two different but complementary approaches –
“One is the ability to see each plant as a whole individual, with all its characteristics, and the other is to be able to subordinate the individual plant to the picture as a whole”, Sylvia Crowe, noted English garden designer & landscape advisor.
To this end – good planting design requires “clear objectives, a planting strategy and plant selection”, James Hitchmough, English ecological planting design expert.